We’re excited to invite you to Zines y Más, an event featuring zines and more! Please consider submitting an application to share your work. Details below:
EVENT DETAILS ~
WAKE Presents: Zines y Más
Sunday, November 26, 2017
1pm – 5pm
Galveston Arts Center
2127 Strand Street
EVENT DESCRIPTION ~
Zines y Más is a small event presented by Wake the Zine and made possible with support from The Idea Fund. The event will feature local zine makers and more in the style of a pop-up market. Makers will be able to display their work at tables provided by the venue, and visitors will be able interact with and acquire work directly from you.
NOTE BEFORE APPLYING ~
– Applying and tabling at Zines y Más is 100% free!
-Tables are provided by the venue.
– Due to the small size of the event and limited table space, we will be selecting a limited number of participants to table at the event. We will be selecting applicants based on location, type of work, and overall compatibility with the event.
– We encourage anyone to apply, but we are hoping for a strong local turnout. To that end, we will be giving priority to Galveston residents, and secondly Galveston County residents. After that, Houston area residents are given third priority, but don’t let that deter you from applying! The zine scene in Galveston is fairly small.
– Preferred work: Zines are at the top of our list. If there are not enough zines to go around, we will give next priority to other print material. Because of our interest in DIY music, we will also consider items from DIY labels and independent music-focused shops. These items could include CDs, vinyls, cassettes, shirts, totes, stickers, buttons, books, and more.
– You will be handling your own payment transactions. We recommend having your own cash change (of course!). You might also consider signing up for a free card reader through Square.
– If you have any questions, email us at [email protected]
ABOUT WAKE ~
WAKE is the collective behind the Galveston music and arts publication Wake the Zine. WAKE also hosts music and zine related events in Galveston. The collective is directed by Lauren Eddy, and you can reach us via email:
Email ~ [email protected]
Website ~ www.wakethezine.com
Facebook ~ www.facebook.com/wakethezine
Instragram / Twitter ~ @wakethezine
ABOUT THE IDEA FUND ~
This project is made possible with support from The Idea Fund. The Idea Fund is a re-granting program administered by DiverseWorks, Aurora Picture Show, and Project Row Houses and funded by The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts. Applications are now being accepted for 2018 grants! Find out more at www.theideafund.org.
THANK YOU ~
Huge thank you to Galveston Arts Center!
Much love and thanks to the Zine Fest Houston team for the wonderful recommendations, insights, and the signup form template! <3 Find out more about ZFH 2017, which takes place on November 11, at www.zinefesthouston.org.
You can fill out the application below, or open it in a new window here.